CENTER FOR CLINICAL TRIALS AND CORPORATE CONTRACTS (CCT)
The Center for Clinical Trials and Corporate Contracts (CCT), a division of the University of Maryland, Baltimore’s Office of Research and Development (ORD), is responsible for developing and negotiating the following for the University:
- Corporate-sponsored Clinical Trial Agreements (CTAs)
- CTA budgets and billing plans that comply with Federal Medicare regulations
- Corporate-sponsored Research and Research Services Agreements
- Material Transfer Agreements (MTAs)
The CCT works closely with other ORD and UMB divisions to ensure that:
- clinical trial budgets properly account for Medicare and private insurance charges;
- clinical trials sponsored by government agencies, foundations and other non-profit organizations are successfully negotiated and executed by ORD’s Sponsored Programs Administration group;
- complexities and encumbrances related to UMB- and sponsor-owned intellectual property (IP) are successfully addressed by ORD’s Commercial Ventures & Intellectual Property group;
- site agreements with University of Maryland Medical Center (UMMC) and University Physicians, Inc. (UPI) are negotiated and executed, as needed;
- CTA and Research Agreement language successfully addresses:
- State of Maryland and federal laws and regulations;
- relevant UMB and sponsor policies;
- study-specific concerns
- UMB Institutional Review Board requirements, including contract language required by the Association for the Accreditation of Human Resource Protection Programs, Inc. (AAHRPP)
The CCT can assist sponsors in placing and completing studies by identifying experienced faculty from UMB’s diverse pool of 1,500 faculty researchers in its professional schools of Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing, and Pharmacy. UMB offers access to some of the most advanced equipment and facilities of any academic medical center in the world.
UMB has ongoing clinical trials in the areas of Anesthesiology, Diabetes, Cardiology, Dermatology, Emergency Medicine, Endocrinology, Epilepsy, Gastrointestinal Disease, Heart Disease, HIV-Adult, Huntington’s Disease, Hypertension, Infectious Disease, Multiple Sclerosis, Oncology-Adult, Ophthalmology, Parkinson’s Disease, Pediatrics, Psychiatry, Pulmonary Disease, Radiology, Renal Failure, Spinal Cord Injury, Stroke, Surgery, Transplant, Trauma, Vaccines.
To learn more about the Center for Clinical Trials and Corporate Contracts or to place a study at the University of Maryland, Baltimore, please contact a member of our highly qualified team of contract administrators and billing analysts.